Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Carter

I'd like y'all to meet Carter. 




Carter just turned 5.  Doesn't he have the SWEETEST puppy dog eyes?  Want to see them better?  Here ya go.


These pictures are about a year old.  He looks so tiny!  He looks like he could just float away...  Maybe he will.

See, in Carter's country, 5 is the magic number.  It's not good magic, though.  At 5 years old, you become eligible to be sent to the mental institution.  Carter has Down Syndrome.  He's not been adopted yet.  His government needs to make room in his baby house for more adoptable kids. 

Let me tell you some about Carter from his Reece's Rainbow profile:

Date of Birth: March 2007
Gender: Male
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Dark
Nature: Quiet

Sweet Carter needs a family to thrive! At the last update, he was able to sit, crawl, and pull himself up. He was also learning to self-feed.
Carter is described as strong and attentive, and has a lot of perseverence.

Want to know why we requested Carter as our Christmas Angel last year?  Because I have a little boy born in March of 2007, too.  And I looked at Carter, and I look at my baby, and I can't imagine, I can't begin to fathom, my little boy in a mental institution, tied to a bed, for his entire life.  I can't do it.  No child should have to live like that.  Especially not 5 year old boys.  They're simply too full of life. 

So, that's Carter.  He is the one who got me started in advocating.  He holds my heart.  I can't adopt him.  So, I work on finding his Mama and Daddy for him.

Unfortunately, Carter lives in a rather expensive region.  Here's some information on where he lives:

4 trips :(


  • 1st trip, Both parents for 5-7 days
  • Wait 2-3 months for court
  • 2nd trip, both parents for 5 days for court, both go home
  • 3rd and 4th trip are short, only one parent has to travel
  • No more than 5 children at home, experience with Down syndrome preferred
  • Both parents must be younger than 60 years
  • Total program fees under $25,000, plus travel expenses
  • Fee includes a $1000 orphanage donation
  • Married couples and single mothers may apply


  • See? Expensive. Part of what I do is raise money so that WHEN Carter's family finds him (because I have faith they will!), money doesn't stand in their way.  When we started advocating for Carter in November of 2011, he had $5 in his fund.  Now, he has over $1700!!  Praise God, it was one widow's mite at a time!!  But, we're not there yet.  Not nearly.  We have a long way to go. 

    Help us, and help Carter.  Pray about donating to his Reece's Rainbow fund.  I have this dream of all three of my Angels being fully funded.  It's a stretch, I know, but my God is pretty big!

    Share this blog.  Share about Carter.  Post him on Facebook, Twitter, Google +... wherever it is you hang out!  Put his face everywhere.  The more people who see him, the more likely we are to find his Mama and Daddy!

    If you're considering adoption, please consider Carter!  You can contact Reece's Rainbow to find out more information on how to adopt him.

    And finally, PRAY.  Pray for Carter.  Every day, from this point on, he's on borrowed time in his Baby House.  Pray for his family, as they search for him, and at some point, adopt him.  Pray for me as I search for his family!  Let's cover Carter in prayer from every angle!

    You've seen him now.  You know.  Let's not let him become one of the thousands of little boys lost in the system somewhere.  One child at a time.  Let's start with this one.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment