Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Break Our Hearts for What Breaks Yours









 
I love this song.  I mean, this is one of my favorite bands EVER, but this song... oh my word.  It's powerful.  If you haven't heard it, stop reading right now, and listen. 
 
See?  Powerful.  There are so many parts of this song I love, it's so simple but so multi-faceted.  But probably my favorite line is the last one in the chorus.  And it's my favorite because I prayed it, nearly word for word, just over 6 months ago.
Jesus, Friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks Yours.


Do you have any idea of the POWER of that simple, one line prayer?  Can you even begin to comprehend?  Because let me tell you from experience, when you pray that prayer, when you pray with an honest, searching heart, when you pray with conviction and love, He answers.
 
And, boy does He answer. 
 
He'll show you things you not only never knew, but you'll wish you'd never seen.  He'll show you the true nightmare of sin that we live in.  He'll remove the scales from your eyes, and you'll see.  You'll see just a point, a tiny sliver, of what He sees. 
 
And it will break you. 
 
Let me show you some of what He showed me.
 



He showed me a little boy whose head is filling so full of fluid that he can no longer move his hands.  His name is Wyatt.



He showed me a little girl who wonders why no one ever comes for her.  Her name is Tatiana.

He showed me lonliness

And confusion...

And terror...

And then, in the midst of that, he showed me laughter...


The most beautiful laughter. 

And hope...


This is Laurel.  She is due to age out in June.  After that, she'd be completely unadoptable.  But, thanks to another family praying that prayer, she'll be going home.  Hopefully soon.  Because one family prayed that prayer.  Because they allowed Jesus to break their hearts, a little girl is saved. 

It's hard.  It's hard seeing the never-ending faces.  It's hard watching kids age out.  It's hard being an advocate.  It's hard adopting.  It's just... hard.  But it's worth it. 

Are you ready?  Are you willing?  Are you prepared to see the world through Jesus' eyes? 

Jesus, friend of sinners, break my heart for what breaks Yours.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the encouragment! These are the most precious things society forgets... or pushes away. I can't thank you enough for your blog's purpose here!
    Sincerely in Christ,
    Michaela Danielle <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words, Michaela, and for visiting my blog!

    Sisters in Christ,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete