Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's Been So Hard...

You all can probably tell, it's been REALLY hard for me to blog here.  Really hard.  Russia closing their doors to adoptions from the US has really, truly knocked me for a loop.  Today, a knock I knew was coming, but didn't want to think about, hit me again.  This morning, Reece's Rainbow announced that they had to reallocate the funds in the Russian Children's accounts to waiting children who could be adopted.



BAM!





Another sledgehammer to the heart.  It's the right thing to do, there are children all over the world that desperately need forever families, but I can just hear the doors slamming all over Russia right now.  It sounds like jail cells.




BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!




Did you hear them?  That's Carter's door.  And Owen's.  And Kate's.  And Anna's.  Slammed shut, for only heaven knows how long.




18 months, I've been advocating for these kids.  18 months, that's how long ago it was since I found Reece's Rainbow.  18 months since I first was approved to be Carter's Christmas Warrior.  Just over a year since I was approved to be Kate and Owen's Guardian Angel.  These kids have had my heart this entire time.  We've wrestled with wanting, desperately, to adopt Kate, but not being in the place to be able to.  We trusted that it would happen in God's time.  We still trust him with her life, but, OH! it's so hard to give her up to Him now.  Now that the door has slammed shut.  But, I will.  I'll lay her on the alter, and trust that God's plans for Kate are good.  I have to trust Him, because I totally didn't have a back-up plan that included Evil shutting the door in Russia.




There is a madman in Russia right now.  He cares more about his own personal pride than he does the children whose care has been trusted to him.  He cares more about nationalism, than humanity.  Therefore, he's lost his.  If I say much more about this man, I'm liable to dive into some very un-Christian language, so I'll let it go, but please pray for Russia.  There's a madman on the loose there.




All of that said, I want to let you know that all of our hard work isn't for nothing!  The funds ARE being reallocated.  I know that Anna's fund, that we all worked so hard for over Christmas, is going to Kristie!!  That puts Kristie on the Moving Mountains page, and that's a wonderful place to be!!  Our next goal needs to be to get her to the $5,000 level of the MM page!  We can do this!!



Carter's fund is going to a sweet boy in Africa known as Scott, who is 9 years old, and cannot walk or talk.  It is believed he has Down Syndrome, but it's not been confirmed.



Owen's fund is being given to a beautiful boy in Asia with a facial deformity, known as Victor.  He is 2 years old, and seems to be doing very well.  We pray he is adopted quickly with this large new grant! 





I don't know who will get Kate's grant, but I'll let you know when I do!

****UPDATE****  Kate's grant has been split between Iris and Adam.  




I'm asking you today to please, keep praying for Kate, Carter, Owen, and Anna.  Their need isn't any less, if anything, it's greater.  They need your prayers now, more than ever!  Please pray, first and foremost, that Jesus is able to reach them in their darkness.  Pray that another family, who can still adopt from Russia, finds them, and quickly.  And pray for those families, that they have the peace and love of Jesus in them. 




What will I do?  Well, Kristie still needs her family!!  And we will find them!  And in the meantime, we  will grow her grant.  And when she's home... we'll move on to the next one.  Because there are hundreds of millions of orphans in the world today, and we're going to take it one child, and one voice, at a time.  


The rest of the pictures I have of my Precious Ones in Russia...  Please, pray for them.  Remember them.  Never forget them. 















3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Irina, too. :'( And Wyatt, and Angelina, and all of the others...

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing... I didn't know who Owen's grant was going too.

    sigh... This just isn't fair. How could the single signature of a man change the lives of thousands of children and families just like that and cause more heartbreak than imaginable?? :'(

    ReplyDelete